I know the two of the most important questions that come to mind when selling your home are:
- How much is my home worth?
- How long will it take to sell?
There are many factors used to determine a price for you home. I will prepare a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA), giving you a clear understanding of competing properties, market trends, recent sales and homes that did not sell in your area. Together we will look at this data and determine if this is the right time for you to sell. In this analysis we will discuss what you need to hear, and perhaps not what you want to hear. I will always be honest, sometimes brutally so, even to my own detriment. Case in point, during the recent recession as my paychecks became less frequent, I still often recommended sellers wait a few years for the market to rebound.
Bottom line, there is no point in giving you an inflated listing price for your home if the market doesn’t dictate it. That would be a waste of your time and energy, as well as mine. I refuse to overprice a home just so that I can pick up buyers off of a sign. That would be of no benefit to you.
There are many questions you need to ask before hiring a REALTOR® to sell your home:
- Do you come well-recommended? I have high rankings in both Zillowand Trulia, as rated by my past clients.
- Are you a REALTOR®? Yes, I am.
- Do you have an active real estate license in good standing? My active licenses in WA & ID are both in good standing. To find this information about me, you can check with the Washington Association of REALTORS® (WAR) or the Idaho Association of REALTORS® (IAR).
- Do you belong to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and/or a reliable online home buyer’s search service? I belong to the Spokane Association of REALTORS® and cooperatively the Coeur d’Alene MLS. Multiple Listing Services are cooperative information networks of REALTORS® that provide descriptions of most of the houses for sale in a particular region.
- If there’s no nearby MLS, how often do you cooperate with other local brokers on a sale? I also have a network of REALTORS® in neighboring counties who will put my homes on their MLS system should your location border the outlying areas of my coverage.
- What have you listed or sold in this neighborhood lately? In a typical year I average 30-40 sales per year in Spokane & Kootenai counties. The neighborhoods vary.
And in addition to the criteria mentioned above, there are number of very important reasons you will typically prefer to work with a REALTOR® such as myself. Among them we adhere to the National Association of Realtor’s (NAR) highest standards of ethical conduct and professional training.
What else will I do for you?
- I will walk you through the process of selling your home from beginning to end.
- I provide you with an estimate of the closing costs you will incur.
- I will answer my phone!
- I will provide comparable information about the prices for which other properties have sold and analyzing data for you to gain a true comparison.
- I will share information about your home through the Multiple Listing Service and on the Internet.
- We may have an offer, but is the buyer qualified? I will take extra steps to verify your buyer is actually approved for a loan or has sufficient funds readily available to purchase.
- I will negotiate the sales contract.
- I will alert you to potential risks.
- I will comply with the disclosures required by law.
- I will help you prepare for a smooth closing of the transaction.
I will make every effort to make this as smooth a sale as possible. I’ve personally purchased and sold homes so I know about the stress, uncertainty and seeing some of your sweat equity lost to selling costs. But my end goal is not only for you to feel like you are my only client, but for you to also feel it was so simple and stress-free that it was the best money you ever spent.
- Home Price Comparison Index
The 2014 Home Price Comparison Index compiled by Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC allows you to quickly approximate how much your home might cost in any of over 340 markets across North America.
- Coldwell Banker Mortgage Resources
Look here for answers to almost any question you may have about the financing of your home. You’ll find easy to use calculators and informative articles in our Tools and Knowledge sections below. When you’re ready to explore your loan options contact Coldwell Banker Mortgage for a fast, free loan decision in just minutes, online.
- Moving Checklist
- Packing Tips
Reduce moving headaches and hassles by following these professional tips for packing big things, little things, even awkward things such as plants, mirrors, and transporting pets.
- 5 Basic Steps to Selling Your Home
- How Do You Prepare A House to Sell?
- What Do I Ask A Realtor When Selling My Home?
- How Is Your Home Value Determined
- Looking Through A Buyer’s Eyes
The following is brought to you by the National Association of Reators®: